Recently, the first look poster of Jayalalithaa’s biopic directed by Priyadarshini was released and it was an instant hit on social media.
While Nithya Menen plays the lead, the film is all set to go on floors on February 24, which falls on Jayalalithaa’s birthday. There are also reports that director Vijay and Bharathirajaa are working on Jayalalithaa’s biopic for two different films and they are currently in the process finalising the casts.
The latest we hear is that acclaimed filmmaker Gautham Menon is planning to direct a TV series based on the late Chief Minister Jayalalithaa’s political journey. Sources also say that the makers are in talks with actress Ramya Krishnan to reprise the role of Jayalalithaa and they have also signed on an agreement with a popular private channel to air the series on a weekly basis. We also hear that the series will have 30 episodes, and each will be of one-hour duration. The makers are also planning to rope in Ranjith and Vinith for pivotal roles.
- Jyothika: Direct to OTT release a boost for regional films
- Urvashi Rautela: 'Virgin Bhanupriya' on OTT no less than watching in theatres
- Bhumi: Time we understand what we have put our planet through
- Ayushmann: Overwhelming to know my films are being remade in South
- Anushka Sharma: I believe cinema and OTT will co-exist