Producer Singaravelan has appealed once again after Madras HC lifted interim ban on the release of the film last week
Vemal-Oviya’s Kalavaani 2 directed by Sargunam has been in the making for over two years now. Earlier this month, producers Singaravelan and Kumaran of Sri Dhanalakshmi Productions approached the court contending that Vemal owed him a sum of Rs 4.2 crore and sought to stall the release of Kalavaani 2. However, director Sargunam in a video message said that the film is produced by his company Varmans Production and had nothing to do with Vemal. The court last week lifted the interim ban. While the makers proceeded with the release plans, Singaravelan on Sunday said that he has appealed the court once again. Sources say that the hearing will happen sometime this week. The issue began when Vemal had promised Singaravelan that Sri Dhanalakshmi Productions would be given credits in the trailer.
“In October last year, Vemal and Sargunam signed an agreement which stated that the first copy of Kalavaani 2 will be given to Singaravelan. Vemal failed to convince Sargunam, who wasn’t willing to give credits to Singaravelan in the trailer,” said a source in tinseltown. While Vemal had borrowed money saying that it will be used for the production of Kalavaani 2, Sargunam said that the film was made using his own funds. We will have to wait and watch if the sequel of the 2010 hit film will see light of the day.