Though there was no official announcement on this, sources close to production unit told DT Next that a few stunt sequences are being shot at a studio in the city.
We had earlier reported that Vishal’s 2018 blockbuster Irumbu Thirai will have a sequel soon. The actor, who recently wrapped up Sundar C’s untitled film with Tamannaah in Turkey. Within a few weeks’ time, Vishal has already begun shooting for Irumbu Thirai 2. Though there was no official announcement on this, sources close to production unit told DT Next that a few stunt sequences are being shot at a studio in the city. Shraddha Srinath, who was last seen in K13 has replaced Samantha as the heroine in the sequel. When contacted, she confirmed to us on the same. While Irumbu Thirai was helmed by PS Mithran, the sequel is being directed by Anand, an assistant of Ezhil. Post Irumbu Thirai 2, Vishal is also expected to start shooting for yet another sequel, Thupparivaalan 2 before his wedding with Anisha in Chennai on October 9.
- Jyothika: Direct to OTT release a boost for regional films
- Urvashi Rautela: 'Virgin Bhanupriya' on OTT no less than watching in theatres
- Bhumi: Time we understand what we have put our planet through
- Ayushmann: Overwhelming to know my films are being remade in South
- Anushka Sharma: I believe cinema and OTT will co-exist